February 22, 2011 will be the two-year anniversary of my completing my first novel. I have yet to come even close to finishing my second. That’s been weighing heavily on my mind, lately. So, I thought I’d run down my various projects and wins from the past year. Sure, it’s just a huge pat on the back, but what’re you gonna do, right?
- Wrote a chapter on Grim Wars, Book One
- Wrote a chapter or two on Corrupting Truth
- Wrote Double Date for Incubator Press
- Wrote Black Dawg for Viper Comic’s Cryptophobia
- Wrote several columns for ProjectFanboy.com
- Became an intern with Dark Quest Books and read numerous authors’ submissions
- Submitted Forging Truth to Dark Quest and a handful of other places
- Started a second entry to submit to Cryptophobia, entitled The Coyote and the Spider
- Tweeted like a mug! Made friends and networked, too
- Read articles on my craft
- Developed a handful of future stories
What goals do I have for 2011? The short answer is, pretty much, more of the same. My birthday is June 30. That’s the perfect benchmark, as it falls right at the midpoint of the year. So, by my birthday, I plan on pulling off the following:
- Submit Forging Truth to no fewer than 25 agents/publishing houses (if it’s not snapped up by Dark Quest first)
- Submit The Coyote and the Spider and one of my own to Viper Comics
- Finish the first draft of Corrupting Truth
That’s probably enough, right? That still gives me another half a year to kick some more tail. Oh, and edit, edit, edit.
Happy 2011, everyone.